Tuesday, October 7, 2014

An Update that isn't about how swollen my feet are!

So, lately, every single post has been about my pregnancy. It's not weird or anything--I mean, being pregnant is a big part of my life (literally). However, I wanted to take a little time today to write about something other than feeling like a blue whale or my fears of immenant motherhood (and how totally and completely  unprepared I am for motherhood).

It has been a really long time since I did an update involving Jake. He probably isn't offended by this oversight, but I feel kind of bad about it, so here we go:

Jake is doing pretty good. He's working for Gunter Exteriors putting siding and roofs on houses. He'll be doing this until we move to Rexburg in January. Jake also just turned 30! We went to Driggs and spent the weekend at his grandma's cabin. It was nice to get away from everything and just be. We stayed up late, slept in the next morning, and he went fishing when he felt like fishing (down side: he didn't catch anything, but I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching).
This past weekend, we spent some time with his family. Jake went fishing with his brother, Scott, on Friday, and then, on Saturday, we went and watched his younger brother, Zach, play in a football game (I'm still a little lost when it comes to football, but I'm getting better.....I think). We went home, watched General Conference, and then, Jake went to the Priesthood Session with his hanai dad (for those of you mainlanders who have never heard the word "hanai," it means "informally adopted." Really, the way it's used, it means someone who is so close to you that you consider them family even though, technically speaking, they are not related to you at all), brother, and brand new brother-in-law. I hung out with the women of our hanai family. We went to ladies' night and had some free cookies. We didn't win anything, but we got free cookies, so I consider us winners. ;)
On Sunday, Jake and I watched the first session of conference at the house. Our cat napped (that's not really news since that's what she spends most of her life doing, but I felt it was important to get her in here, so there). After the first session, Jake and I went back over to his hanai family's house. We watched some football until the second session of conference started (and by "we watched," I really mean "they watched while I knitted and asked questions"). We ate some delicious food and ended up playing games and watching more football.
All in all, we had a pretty nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment